- New York, NY
- Regular Full-Time
When the world throws technology challenges at us, we eat them up. And then we ask for more. Welcome to life on the TMP technology team. Here, you’ll work on our scalable, evolving platform, face tremendous software challenges, and work on projects for Fortune 100 clients. You'll be part of a fiercely collaborative technology team charged with creating digital solutions that are transforming the way employers and job seekers connect. That means contributing to high-traffic websites for a broad range of high-profile companies. Developing next-generation applications and products for some of the most recognized brands in the world. And actively supporting our diverse suite of best-in-class technologies. All this in an environment that constantly challenges you to push beyond boundaries and enhance your expertise—with the support of a global team of industry experts. Sound like a fit for your talent and passion? Read on.
As a Product Manager, you will play a key role in the formulation of TMP’s next generation of products. You will serve as the team’s primary liaison between the product management and engineering teams. In collaboration with creative and UX, you will ultimately be responsible for ensuring our software products meet the demands of a competitive marketplace that requires frequent yet compelling releases. As the voice of the end user and customer you will be expected to understand their needs and articulate them to cross functional team.
About the job:
- Understand markets, competition, and user and business requirements in depth
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Launch new products and features, test their performance and iterate quickly.
- Work collaboratively with engineering, marketing, legal, UX, etc. on cutting edge technologies.
- Develop innovative solutions to some of the world’s hardest problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions.
- Clearly articulate and document user stories with specific acceptance criteria for each story
- Create, maintain and organize the product backlog into incremental releases
- Lead and participate in daily scrum meetings
- Verify stories are completely based on acceptance criteria
- Evaluate increment at the end of Sprint and add or remove stories from the backlog as necessary
- Drive acceptance testing
- Document product capabilities, project progress, and release notes
Requirements for consideration
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of Product Owner experience (i.e. working with stakeholder(s) to arrive at solutions and working with agile team to execute solutions)
- Work with other Product Owners to determine and manage cross-team dependencies
- Maintain prioritized backlog (including roadmap deliverables, enhancements, & defects), in order to drive development team and deliver continuously, predictably and reliably
- Analytical and data-driven, distilling complex workflows and systems into clear processes and decisions with cross-team impact
- Must have exceptional soft skills, including the ability to articulate to both technical and business audiences
Experience performing end-user interviews, leading requirements gathering sessions, and User Acceptance Testing
- Expert ability in hunting product opportunities, eliminating feature gaps, requirements gathering, story writing, data analysis, process analysis, testing implementation, and change management
- Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment
- Ability to work with business owners/stakeholders
- Naturally curious and inquisitive nature, and unrelenting desire to learn and master industry knowledge or product management skills
- JIRA experience preferred
- CRM / email marketing experience / recruitment advertising experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.